Localisation des pannes
How to achieve the best quality of the converted files?
The quality of converted files is closely related to the quality of source files and output settings. To ensure a highly quality of conversion, please choose a desired “Compression Quality” for your audio/video files. Please see SoundTaxi Settings#Compression Quality
We strongly recommend against running any tasks that are demanding in terms of CPU or disk usage during conversion because it may affect the output exactly in the way you have experienced.
Please note, the quality of the converted file can't be better then the quality of the original file.
Why do my output audio/video files have bad quality?
When converting large videos, a very high performance of your computer is required. If your computer is not fast enough, frame drops can occur and that makes the video choppy or you can get audio is out of sync with video, audio files can have spots or they can skipping. In such cases please try the following steps:
- Please open your Windows Task Manager and check CPU usage level during conversion. It should be much lower than 100%. We strongly recommend against running any tasks that are demanding in terms of CPU or disk usage during conversion because it may affect the output exactly in the way you have experienced Try to close all unnecessary applications on your PC except SoundTaxi and start the conversion again.
- Please open SoundTaxi settings and move the Troubleshoot slider to "Reduced CPU load and lower conversion speed" or "One conversion at a time with lowest speed". Please see SoundTaxi Settings#Troubleshoot slider
- Please do not move or close any of the windows/applications while the program is converting - best thing is to start the conversion and then leave the computer alone.
How to speed up the conversion?
The speed of conversion depends on these factors:
- SoundTaxi version you have. SoundTaxi Platinum can convert 2 files at a time with 6x maximum speed. SoundTaxi Professional and SoundTaxi Pro+VideoRip do it much faster (Maximum number of simultaneous audio conversions is 16 and maximum audio conversion speed in batch mode is 50x)
- Your Computer configuration.
- The length and size of the original file and your output file settings.
There are some tips that may be helpful for speeding up conversion:
- We strongly recommend against running any tasks that are demanding in terms of CPU or disk usage during conversion because it may affect the speed of conversion. So it would be much better not to run other programs so that the resources won't be distributed.
- The higher parameter the source video has, resolution, frame rate, etc. the longer it takes to convert it.
- Single file conversion speed is 1x-3x. SoundTaxi Professional and Pro + Video Rip version can convert much faster in batch mode (when converting a couple of files at the same time), i.e. SUMMARY speed may achieve 50X. So to speed up the conversion, please convert a couple of files at the same time (not one by one).
What is batch mode and how to activate it?
Batch processing is used for converting a number of files from one format to another at the same time. SoundTaxi is based on the unique technology detecting the maximum possible number of audio files for simultaneous conversion. It gives you the ability to perform extremely fast conversions with up to 16 files at the same time! Thereby the converting speed may reach 50X in batch mode. Batch mode activates automatically.
I got the "Please make sure that the file has a valid playback license" error. What should I do?
- First of all, please make sure you have the latest SoundTaxi version installed.
- Please check if you can play your original files with Windows Media Player / QuickTime Player / iTunes / Real Player (depending on the file type) on your PC. If you can do this, SoundTaxi should be able to convert them successfully.
- Please check your DRM licenses for the files. You need to have sufficient rights to play back the files in order to unprotect them. In case they have expired you need to acquire new ones.
- In case the problem persists please try to move the Troubleshoot slider (in SoundTaxi Settings) to certain position, close the settings by clicking "OK" and run the conversion again.
You can try the 4 troubleshooting levels step-by-step to see if any of them fix the problem.
Why do I receive "Installation damage" error? How to fix?
There are some reasons that causes this error:
- There must be a software conflict with SoundTaxi on your PC.
Please try disabling Antivirus/Firewall software on your PC, then install and run SoundTaxi again as Administrator on your computer.
- The query to install SoundTaxi audio device during SoundTaxi installation was not approved.
You must approve that query, otherwise SoundTaxi will be unable to convert protected media files. Please uninstall the program, reboot and install it again. Please be sure that corresponding audio device may be found with device manager after installation.
Why I can convert only 20-30 files and thеn have to reboot my PC?
A small subset of our users might experience the R&R error while using SoundTaxi on a Windows Vista / Windows 7 system in combination with some antivirus products or tools that extend Windows user experience (e.g. Logitech SetPoint or Microsoft Table PC support). There are lots of products that may provoke the error and the error itselft is not related to SoundTaxi installation or functionality in any way.
The Windows "Revocation and Renewal" error occurs because Windows Media Player's ability to play protected songs is limited to ~30 files. When one of the conflicting tools (not SoundTaxi) is installed on the system, Windows OS wrongly identifies user attempt to play numerous songs in WMP as license violation and initiates Revocation and Renewal procedure. In such case, user is shown R&R error message box and has to restart his computer in order to proceed with protected media playback.
How to troubleshoot Windows "Revocation and Renewal" error?
Follow these steps in order to troubleshoot the R&R error on your PC:
- Make sure your SoundTaxi and Windows OS software are up to date
- Select the "Avoid Vista R&R window" option in SoundTaxi.Open SoundTaxi and click the "Settings" button. In the "Troubleshooting" section, make sure "Avoid Vista R&R window" is checked. Click "OK".
- Close SoundTaxi and restart your PC.
- Run SoundTaxi as "Administrator".
Right-click the SoundTaxi icon and select "Run as Administrator". When a dialogue window pops up, click "Yes". If the problem stays on, please contact our support team for assistance.
Why do I receive partly converted files?
- Please be sure that your source file is not truncated or corrupted. Try to play your original DRM-protected file with Windows Media Player/QuickTime Player from the beginning till the end without an interruption (seeking within the file or pausing/resuming...). The Windows Media Player/QuickTime Player shouldn't report any error during playback.
- Another reason for incomplete conversion can be running applications in the background. Please close all other non-essential applications, and try the conversion again.
- Also you could try to move the Troubleshoot slider (open SoundTaxi Setting) to "Reduced CPU load and lower conversion speed" or "One conversion at a time with lowest speed". Please see SoundTaxi Settings#Troubleshoot slider
After SoundTaxi installation I have no sound on my PC. What should I do?
You need to change your output playback device forth and back. Please do it as follows:
- Look at System tray and see "Volume" icon. Right click on it and select "Playback devices". You will see the list of playback devices installed on your PC. Keep in mind the original device which is set by default.
- Please Select one of "SndTDriverV32" from the list and click "Set Default". Then click "Apply". Do not close the window.
- After that please return to the original device and click "Set Default" again. Click "Apply" and "OK".
- Close the window and the sound will appear.
My converted files are quieter than the original files. How to fix this?
Please check your audio device configuration and mixer volume and Windows Media Player volume and settings. You need to set each volume before and during playback in Volume Mixer (right click on speaker icon and click "Open Volume Mixer") to 100% (except main volume). Please also try to disable any equalizer and other effects in Windows Media Player and set it's volume to 100% as well.